Loggia, tower, and ornamental fountain, with associated boundary walls and railings, built to commemorate the importance of the creation of the city leats and as part of a small public park centred around the reservoir. Part of granite inscription dated 1598, 1754 construction on site of 1617 conduit (Drake's Leat) incorporating reused columns from the former 17th century market building, the fountain built plus remodelling and reconstruction of the reservoir in 1874, and further reconstruction in 1891. Stucco with stucco detail, paired granite columns, Plymouth limestone ashlar to terminal impost piers, coursed limestone and brick piers to tower, otherwise Plymouth limestone rubble used for retaining wall and side walls of reservoir.
Why is the site at risk? Although the section within the park has now been refurbished and there are currently plans to refurbish the reservoir area, this has yet to be implemented and in the meantime the reservoir area continues to be suffering from lack of maintenance, with vegetation growth apparent around the walls of the reservoir and rusting pipes entering the reservoir.