Central Library Annexe
Formerly known as the chapel of St Luke. 1828. Interior alterations late 19th and 20th century. Stucco over brick. Gabled slate roof. 2-storeys. Pedimented four window front.
Why was the site considered at risk? Atlhough the building appears to be sound, it is suffering from lack of maintenance. Much of the detailed mouldings at the front of the building has broken off, particularly the section surrounding the tympanum below the belfry. At the rear of the building, the hood moulding is broken above what would have been the altar window. There is some vegetation taking hold in some of the cracks above the decorative entablature over the pilasters, also the right hand end, including the dentilled blocks is missing. There is evidence of water penetration at the ground level of the building.