Magazine and armoury with guard house, now café. 1847, by Colonel J. Oldfield, the Western District’s Commanding Royal Engineer. Coursed and dressed stone with flat bombproof roof. Rectangular plan. Single-storey south elevation has ashlar lintels over paired entrance to centre, with two late 20th century doors, and former entrance, now window, on right. Rifle slit to left. Plat band beneath parapet, extending around whole building. Rifle slits to first floor of two-storey N elevation, which has two late 19th century inserted window openings and doorway to ground floor magazine.
Why is the site at risk? Heavy vegetation on rear of building with some mortar missing in stonework. Windows need attention at both rear and front. Door at rear blocked with metal sheeting.